Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting Support


The world of pediatric cancer can be a lonely place.  Friends and family can’t always understand.  Even a well-meaning friend can say something insensitive.  I was once told (by someone trying to give me an emotional lift) to “not let myself feel so sorry for myself.”  

Sometimes the only people who can understand are other people going through the same things.  With that in mind, I have put together a list of websites that include forums where those going through hard times can find others who are in the same boat.  I hope you find it helpful!

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Boards:
This is a link to the “My Child Has Cancer” board.  However, they have a slew of other boards if you’re interested.  Click here, and from there you’ll find the others.

The Brain Tumor Foundation Boards:
 
The Melanoma Foundation Boards:
This is a link to the forums.  There are also chat rooms, a blog, and more.  Click on this link, and you will be able to find the other areas.

*I could not find a specific SKIN CANCER board, so if you know of one, leave a comment to let others know!

Pediatric Cancer Boards:
 
The Crisis Care Foundation Boards:

No matter what your diagnosis or problem is there are others going through the same thing.  Find a support system in your area by checking online or in the phone book!

No comments:

Post a Comment