Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Patient of the Month

I am a very proud mama today because Emma is St. Jude's official patient of the month for November!  If you haven't seen her story/video yet, please visit www.stjude.org and scroll to the bottom right corner.  There you will see Emma's picture, and a link that says "Meet Emma". 

Watching the video and reading her story made me cry.  I really can't help it.  The day of the interview we spent the morning at the Memphis Zoo with the camera crew.  It was such fun!

I am so proud to be a part of the St. Jude family, and as I say in the video I don't believe Emma would be alive today if she had been sent to another hospital.  NO ONE else would have been able to get her diagnosed and on chemo in less than 24 hours, which  was vital to her survival.  It is because of my thankfulness to St. Jude that I was thrilled to help their cause in participating in the patient of the month interview. 

Because of the huge debt of gratitude that our family owes St. Jude, I am proud to support them in other ways as well.  That is why we are participating in the national Give Thanks.  Walk.  This walk will be held across the nation on November 19th.  We are taking donations to support our walk this year, and I hope you will donate to this very worthy cause.  You can see our fundraising page at http://www.mygivethankswalk.org/emmaclark

I am so proud of my little girl, and I can't help but ramble a little today about it.  Thanks for bumbling along with me!

4 comments:

  1. Watched the video and got teary-eyed. It's always hard to see children fall sick. Emma is such a sweetie pie princess. And you're a sweetie pie queen, Katie. I'll always be sending best wishes to you guys. (Kudos to St. Jude for the early discovery and treatment!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you must be the proudest mom right now. I'm so happy for you and Emma. You both inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudine and Kelly, thank you so much! It means a lot to have support from family and friends (even cyber-friends!). : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,

    What a precious little girl you have. Thanks for sharing your story in this way. It was so nice to get to see you and Emma together in the video.

    ReplyDelete